Monday, January 1, 2018

Feliz Navidad y Feliz Año Nuevo!

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

The holidays here were honestly so amazing, mostly because I got to talk to my family!! Skype is the best invention ever, hands down. We also got fed really good food by the members and got to come home early to chill in our tiny apartment. Good times. Mexico likes to celebrate Christmas and New Years with LOTS of fireworks and loud music, so it was a fiesta. 

I`ve been so excited to write all week, just to send my love and thanks to all of you. I love this time of year and even though it was very different to pass it as a missionary, it was unforgettable and I`m so grateful that I can be here. 

Last Wednesday we had a baptism!!! Alfonso Jimenez was truly prepared by the Lord! He amazes me with his humble prayers and his desires to change. He never learned how to read, so after we finished prepping him for his baptism, we started teaching him the alphabet! His first word that he read was FE--faith in Spanish. It was so cool. And the young men went to go help out our other convert, Pedro, in his casita because he has a ton of old cans. They sold them for a ton of money and he is just so grateful for their help. 

We found a really sweet stray dog that my companion went up to pet. (not really super smart, but she did it, not me, Mom! Haha) She looked at the nametag and said, "Oh, her name is Rabies!" It was the license for the rabies vaccines. I cracked up because she kept saying, "Come here, Rabies!" The name stuck. I included a picture of cute rabies. :)

Hermana Betancourt was pretty sick this week, unfortunately, so we stayed inside a bunch and didn`t get to work a ton. And we basically ate chicken noodle soup all week because the members all heard that she was sick. But she also had a birthday and I tried REALLY hard to make it special. I made her favorite breakfast, zuchinni toast,(yes, that`s really her favorite) and we planned a little party with the members. It was a special day for her and it was fun finding little ways to serve throughout the day. 

We also had exchanges with the Sister Training leaders and I got to proselyte with my old companion Hermana Flores! It was fun to be out with her again, and it helped me see that I do know how to navigate the area! We finshed off the day with a giant pizza and a mini Christmas party. 

We basically dropped all of our investigators because they weren`t progressing, but we found new people too! They`ve got a lot of potential. We are pumped to be able to teach and baptize in the month of January! 

Today we went to the beach! But just to pick up another missionary who was coming in from cozumel. But it was still beautiful! It`s the closest I have been to the ocean in my whole mission. 

I know that setting goals is inspired by God. I gave a talk in Sacrament yesterday about how our part is being diligent, and Christ`s part is giving us his grace. With those two key components I know we can reach any goal! God`s goal is to bring to pass the imortality and eternal life of man. I know that by setting and keeping goals, we are helping him bring to pass his plan for our progression. 

Anyway, I love yáll so much! Have a wonderul week and a wonderful year!!! 
Lots of love from Playa,
Hermana Schwartz​

Skype call Christmas Eve!
Oh, the picture that says Betancourt is from when I woke up early to decorate the house for Hna. B´s birthday. I was so sleepy that I didn`t realize the permanent marker bled through onto the wall. But don`t worry, it washed off! 

Also, we made pillows with the baptism symbol so that we dream about BAPTISMS! yay! So cute. The food is strawberry roses and mole enchiladas.....yum!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment