Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Playa del Carmen!

Hi everyone!

Saludos de hermoso Playa del Carmen! Let me tell you, this place is crazy! There are so many tourists here! We´ve talked to people from germany, sweden, England,El Salvador, Argentina, Canada, US. It´s pretty crazy to try and preach in English! Half of our ward last week were families visiting from Utah. It felt just like home, haha! 

The beach is so close, it´s a big temptation but we´ve got better things to do called preaching the restored gospel! This area is so amazing and the people are so prepared to here. In my first day here, we had to drop an investigator because her daughter is very Catholic and doesn´t want anything with the church. It was a little rough to be rejected, but we got to work and we found 6 new people to teach! 

This week I was very blessed to be part of the baptism of Pedro Morales. He is absolutely incredible. He´s super sick and very viejito, and he lives in the smallest little room. He can hardly walk, but he has to climb the sketchiest stairs I have seen every day to get up to his apartment. And he said the most faithful prayer I have ever heard, asking to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet and if the Book of Mormon is true. He still doesn´t have a complete knowledge of all things, but he took a leap of faith and chose to be baptized. He´s a huge example to me. 

We´re teaching a couple other people that are SO close! We literally just try and teach and let the Spirit work in them. 

I love my companion because she preaches repentence, without fear. She has a real gift to speak with people and help them understand. I´m learning a lot from her. She´s from Mexico State, has 5 months in the mission, and is a great missionary. 

We also had an amazing Christmas Conference with our mission presidente and all of our zona! It was a party. We broke three piñatas, had an elegant Christmas dinner, and sang carols. Including a special number written and sang by moi callled the "12 Cambios of christmas", adapting the 12 days of christmas to the mission. It was pretty funny if I do say so myself. I´ll try and send a video. 

It was a wonderful week here, where I learned so much about diligence, dedicating ourselves to the Lord and the blessings of serving others. Also, chile relleno is my new favorite food. SOOO GOOD! 

Love you all so much! Have a wonderful week and special birthday shoutout to my brother Jacob!

Love, 
Hermana Schwartz
















No comments:

Post a Comment