Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Making Sopes!

(Posted out of order since we didn't receive it when Kelsey sent it.  Just got access to it now.  This is from January 8, 2018.)

Hello world! 

Sooo, this week I´ve learned a lot. I´ve learned that God´s plans are way better than our plans. And that we can always trust in him! A few things this week did NOT turn out like we had planned. I told my companion..."our plans are like the little macaroni necklaces that I child gives to their mom. It´s cute, but she has one that is infinitely better." God loves our efforts to follow him. I know that our small effort to please him is enough. And I know that his plan is divinely designed and prefectly created. If we do our part and trust in him, he will always bless us. 

I´ve learned how to make sopes! Yum! My first one didn´t turn out too great, but by the second one Hermana Rita told me that I was mexicana in my heart! Whoo! That´s the goal. I´m going to open a sope business when I get back. 

I´ve learned a little bit more about iniciative. If we don´t see an inmediate solution, we can always look for a different one. If something needs to be done, we can just do it. I am very far from perfect, but I have been trying to devolop my iniciative. :) 

I translated a whole class of young womens for the group of tourists that showed up to church! The teacher gave the class and every other sentence looked at me and said, "translate!!" The funniest part was that I would start to translate....but I was still talking in spanish! It was fun and cool to see how the gift of tongues can help us in many situations. I loved being in YW again because it reminded me of my beehive days! 

I learned that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I loved our prophet and I feel so blessed that I was able to testify of him here. We have one convert that iniially struggled to accept the idea of modern prophets. But we testified, we taught him, and he accepted Presidente Monson as the living prophet. When we went to tell him that the prophet had passed away, there was just a peaceful moment. And then there was a moment of joy when we explained that God would call an new prophet, and that he never leaves us withought guidance! 

My scripture of the week has been Words of Mormon 1:7-8. This is my purpose as a missionary! 

I also included a picture of some piñatas we saw. They are in the shape of old men and in front they say 2017. It´s so you can "break" your old habits and start the new year! I thought it was very clever. 

My next pday is on Saturday if you want to write me or stay tuned for upcoming transfers!! Thanks for all you do! The gospel is true. Never doubt it, just live it!

Love, 
Hermana Schwartz 









No comments:

Post a Comment