Sunday, January 14, 2018

Trio Equals Three Times the Fun!

Hello, hello! I´m writing on a Saturday because next week we´ve got cambios! I´m staying here in beautiful Playa, close by the beach! Sorry to all of my missionary friends and family that are suffering in the snow. ;)

I´m working in trio until monday, when my new companion Hermana Flores arrives! Who was actually my companion before in Cancun, so I´m super excited. She´s the best. It was a great week, full of change and lots of work which is always good. I got to go on lots of splits with members so that we could take care of the two halves of the area. We found new people to teach and I´m so excited! Osiris is a sweet niña that is honestly so smart! She understood everything we taught super quick and is just adorable. We are also teaching Rogelio, who learned about the church when he lived in the US. He´s the perfect investigator, but he works on Sundays! Noooo! We´re fasting and praying and looking for opportunities to attend church. I´m so grateful that God always puts people in our path when we go out to look for them. 

I´m sending pictures of food. It was a good week for food. Hermana Martinez, one of my comps, is from El Salvador. She taught the relief society how to make Popusas, and they are realllly good. We also bought pies from the Elders Quorum president, because he is a baker and he makes the best pies I have ever had the privelige to try. They are seriously delicious. It´s like a cheesecake with blackberry filling. 

Oh, and the best part of this week!!!! We watched a movie.....in the mission! The area president authorized our mission to watch the Disney movie "COCO" as a zone, because it teaches about family history and mexican culture. And I´m obsessed!!! No me diga, it is so good! My companion and I were cracking up all week about the funny parts and now we now why they don´t normally let missionaries watch movies, because we´re constantly singing the catchy songs or referencing it. But I´m focused, I promise! Haha. But I officially love that movie. If you want to know how it relates to gospel doctrine read D&C 128:15, which explains baptisms for the dead and how amazing family history work is!

I´m really excited for the upcoming transfer and I know that we will be able to see lots of miracles here. Thanks everyone for your love and support! Let me know if I can be of any help for anything. One random tourist guy who served in this mission called us asking us to look up his convert from 20 years ago....so yeah, literally anything you need the misisonaries are there to help! 

I want to share a scripture with you guys. One convert here said that he got baptized so that he could come to know Jesus Christ. I was thinking a lot about that and I read Mosiah 5:13. I invite you all to read it and ponder about how we can come to know Christ. What more can we do to honor our baptismal covenants and truly be called his servants? This church is true! The work of salvation is going forth here in this world and in the other side of the veil. Have a wonderful week and always remember the great love that God has for you! 

Love, 
Hermana Schwartz

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment