Monday, January 29, 2018

Baptism in the Ocean!

Heyyy everyone! How´s life?

Just another week has gone by here. We lost a few investigators because they all moved away, but we have been very blessed and we are finding more! I´m super excited because we are working with families, and it´s the best feeling in the world to teach a whole family. They just help each other out more. 

We had a great conference with our Pres and it feels like it was a long time ago because I honestly don´t remember a ton of it....but it was really cool! It was fun to see the whole zone. 

We worked like crazy with references this week and we managed to get a ton!! And then they were all of other areas....but it was so cool to see how being creative and persistent can help the work move forward! I drew a cute little coloring page to help ask for references. It says "INVITAR 2018" (invite) to make this the year of inviting! I even drew a little grandma inviting her cat. Everyone can do it! 

We got to go to the beach this week!!!! Whaaat? First time in my whole mission that it´s been allowed! It was only because my companions old investigador got baptized in Puerto Morelos and presidente gave us permission. But it was SO BEAUTIFUL! Fun times at the beach, watching one of God´s children be baptized. 

We found a giant iguana and named him Iggy. 

And we went to a really good hamburger place for lunch one day and I couldn´t stop laughing because the guy started playing the bongo drums randomly! This city is crazy. The other funny moment is a little hard to explain in English, but the spanish speakers will get it. 

We told a little girl that we all need to "tomar de un bautismo" and she says, "Está rico?" It was soooo precious!! If you don´t get it I´ll explain next week ;)

Aaaannd that´s about all the time I have today. But I love you all so much! Birthday shoutout to my amazing cousin Kazhia! Love you and hope you have a great day! 

The church is true! Have a wonderful week!
Love, 
hermana schwartz












No comments:

Post a Comment