Sunday, April 2, 2017

Travel to Cancun

The following was a quick email Hermana Schwartz was able to send after she flew from Mexico City to Cancun.   We were so disappointed to not get the expected phone call, but were so grateful she made it safely to her mission!

Okay, I am SOO sorry that I wasn´t able to call! The payphones were super old and terrible and impossible to use. Only one girl was able to get it to work! I´m really sorry but I´m here now and it is INCREDIBLE! I talked to a man in Spanish on the plane and told him about eternal families, and then we landed and were greeted by our mission president and a giant sign! There´s an awesome group of hermanas that I got to fly with and everything went smoothly. I had to pay for a couple people´s luggage because their debit cards didn´t work, but I´m pretty sure I´ll be reimbursed. I really hope I didn´t overdraft....pesos are weird. Anyway, the missionaries here are so nice and I´m about to be assigned my trainer! We got welcomed by a giant group of missionaries singing Called to Serve in spanish, some kind of weird Sopas? they were like yummy tortillas with beans, cheese, lettuce, and salsa. And I´m going to sleep in a hammock tonight and I absolutely LOVE it here already! It´s so humid and amazing, and the CCM was such good preparation but I know I´m supposed to be here. I love you guys so much and I think I will email you next monday! Thanks for being up so early! Don´t worry one bit about me because I am in good hands! I love you all so much!!!
Adios con amor, 
Hermana Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment