Monday, April 24, 2017

I Like to Look for Rainbows!

Hola Buenos Dias!!!

I need to keep it short this week because we are traveling to Cancun for a Generation Meeting! Our Pday got cut in half, yikes! But this week was good, I learned a lot. Especially about the beauty of repentance! 

This week we had our first real Yucatan rainstorms. It poured and we were caught in the downpour! In the pictures you can see my nametag is covered in raindrops. :) It was good fun, and my companion and I jumped in puddles and just embraced it. But then it rained...and rained...and rained...and no one was in the streets, and we didn´t have appointments, and life was hard. And then we visited this family that aren´t quite right in the head, and it was honestly pretty creepy. We said a prayer in their home, sang a hymn, and read the scriptures, but there just wasn´t a good spirit. We invited them to be baptized, they declined, and we left. And when we walked out of the house into the street, there was the most beautiful rainbow! Everything was clean, fresh, and beautiful. The sun was shining and we could finally feel the spirit again!!

I felt the same way after I took the Sacrament this week. Before church I was discouraged, impatient with myself and my companion, and didn´t know what to do. But after the sacrament, I felt like it was a new start. Next week I´m going to work hard to preach without fear, improve my Spanish, and help the people here!
I know that it is such a blessing to recommit ourselves to the gospel every week with the sacrament. 

I´m also excited because next week we have the baptism of our sweet investigator Amber!!! She´s so great. Jacinto is progressing as well, and we found a new family to teach! There are so many blessings. Even when it´s hard, I know that we have the light and hope of repentance, the ability to change, and the help of Christ in all our trials. 

Hna. Medrano and I talked this week about how blessed we are to serve in Cancun. How many people can say that?? It´s no vacation, but we are learning every day and I absolutely love the people and the culture. 

I know I always talk about food, but this week I got to eat Panuchos again, and every time I eat panuchos is a cause for celebration. :)

I also gave a talk in Spanish!! The bishop gave us about 2 hours notice, I frantically scribbled my thoughts on missionary work, and I only made 1 mistake! Hna Medrano says I work better under pressure, haha! 

I´m so grateful for this church. I know that it is true, that it blesses lives, and that God truly does answer our prayers. Missionary work is for everyone, and if you have anyone that you feel like you should talk to or invite to an activity, just do it! In Spanish the Nike slogan is "Solo Hazlo!" Nothing bad can come from opening your mouth to share. 

Have a wonderful week! Much love and many prayers!
Hermana Schwartz
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment