Tuesday, April 11, 2017

8 Weeks Down, 70 To Go!

Kelsey's mom here.  This week we got a couple of short emails answering questions briefly and reassuring us that all is well.  She mentioned that the food is delicious, though some is weird, then said, "more about that later".  Well, no more email came, so I assume she ran out of time or something went wrong with sending the big group email.  Here is a short blip from the personal email to our family, just to show some of her experiences in Tizimin:

"My companion takes very good care of me. It´s hard because Mexicans cook and clean differently than Americans, so when I don´t (for example) clean the shower with the broom or mix up the horchata with my hands, people look at me like I don´t know what I¨m doing (mostly because I don´t, haha!) But my companion is very patient and is slowly teaching me how to have good Spanish and how to survive here. :)"

Hopefully more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment