Thursday, March 23, 2017

Last Week in the CCM!

Hola everyone!
It´s officially our last week in the CCM! Our Zone Leader has a little jingle that we all sing in a really low voice everytime we do anything."It´s our last P-day in the CCM!" We think it´s hilarious because that´s the type of entertainment we have access to these days. ;)

I leave for Cancún Monday morning at 2:30! It´s very exciting and mildly stressful. I´m so excited to just get there and start working (and sweating) and meet the people that I´m supposed to serve! I´m really grateful for my time here to prepare. It´s not just a place to learn Spanish--it´s literally the Lord´s center to prepare his missionaries. Every experience is a learning experience. 

St. Patrick's day was really boring here because they don´t even celebrate it here. I tried to explain what it was and it probably sounded really weird that it´s just a day everyone wears green. 

A suuuper cool experience happened when we taught our investigator. We were sitting outside, talking about the gospel, and there was some super loud inappropriate music blasting from outside The Wall. As soon as I started bearing my testimony about the Savior, nothing mattered anymore and the spirit was so strong. And as soon as I said amen, I could hear the music again. I know that anyplace can be made into a holy place and that when we bear our testimonies, the Holy Ghost helps us bear witness. I also got randomly selected to share my testimony in church this Sunday. I was so grateful for the opportunity because now I know that I CAN stand and bear witness, in Spanish, whenever I am asked to. 

We learned so much this week. I feel like my mind was blown, like, 37 times. At least. It´s our last week here and I´m just trying to study harder and work harder than ever before. I know that I´ll get at least one convert on my mission--myself! Just trying to study everyday and pray more makes the biggest difference in the world. 

Anyway, enough spiritual stuff, y'all probably want some funny stories!

Some hermanas in our casa had their shower flood this week! There was a legit river streaming down our hallway, and some very frantic screams coming from their room. We believe that a spider is haunting their shower because Hermana Wilson killed it in there. And it ONLY floods when Hermana Wilson showers! Very suspicious if you ask me...

Another story: This one is super disgusting. I was getting some syrup for my pancakes at breakfast, and I felt something sticky on my finger. Without thinking, I just licked it off really quick, thinking it was syrup. But it was RANCH DRESSING. There wasn´t any ranch dressing available in the comedor for breakfast. Slightly horrified, I looked under my plate and saw to my dismay that it was covered with old, crusty, not washed off ranch dressing. I prayed really hard over my breakfast that morning. I only felt slightly sick and clearly haven´t died yet so I think I´ll be okay. But it is still the nastiest thing that has happened to me so far. 

And finally: We feasted on cake last night! It was some Elder´s birthday and he was carrying a GIANT chocolate cake his family sent him. We told him that if he had any extra to send it to Casa 14! That night when we went home, there was literally about half a cake, some bowls, and some forks on our porch! I can now officially testify about tender mercies. 

Anyway, good times here in our little bubble. I´m so excited to actually get out into the field! I couldn´t be more grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission or for my supportive family and friends. That´s something that not all missionaries have, so thank you guys so much! I see miracles everyday and I haven´t even left the MTC yet. 

I love you all! ¡Que tengan un excelente semana! (Have an excellent week! Hopefully that Spanish is right after 6 weeks here! Haha!)

Pictures!
So, an Elder here is a legit photographer and has a super nice point and shoot camera. You can manually change the settings and I was totally geeking out over it! He let me take a few shots and that´s why there are some random macro photos of flowers and such. :)

1. My shoes
2. Piano
3. Hermana Salazar´s haircut!
4. Flowers 
5. Cutest bromance in the CCM
6. Ladybug
7. Thank you family for sending me snacks!!!
8. Elder and Sister Eves, some leaders here
9. Friends in front of our casa
10. Weird muscle man outside the wall
11. Zone photo
 














No comments:

Post a Comment