Monday, July 9, 2018

Pidgeon Pile

Hey everybody! How´s it going?

I am doing well, excited to start this next (and my final) transfer!! I´ll be staying in Nichupte ward, and I couldn´t be happier!! I love these people. My new companion will be Hermana Rios, from Morelos, Mexico. She is a sweetheart and I´m very excited to work with her! 

Other than that I don´t really know what else happened.....it all happened so fast (tear...)

Oh yeah! One day I felt the impression to go and visit a little old lady that we had dropped about 2 months ago, Lourdes. We passed by and we found her, as always outside her little house. She was feeding about a million pidgeons which was interesting because they were all tripping over eachother trying to eat the breadcrumbs like a bunch of locos, but she finished feeding them and listened to our message. We talked about the plan of Salvation and what we need to do to return to God´s presence. And guess what? She accepted a date for her baptism!! We had invited her many times before and she never was interested, but this time was different. 

We are trying to truly minister unto her because she has a lot of needs. She is sick, she can barely walk and barely see, but she has a sweet spirit and she prays with real intent. Hopefully all goes well! And if not, she might be ready in the future. 

We also tried to make flour tortillas but they are pretty tricky and turned out rock hard. We will keep practicing. 

I loved reading conference talks this week, We read: Small and Simple Things (Dallin H. Oaks) and I recommend it highly to everyone!! It is so true that the smallest things make the biggest difference. 

Hope that everything goes well this week, that you can enjoy the summer sun. We are definitely enjoying it down here in Cancun! (Aka we are melllllttiiiing but it´s all good!) 

Lots of love, until next week!
Hermana Schwartz

(sorry no pictures this week. I forgot to use my camara, lame, I know)

No comments:

Post a Comment