Monday, June 25, 2018

Happy Father's Day!

Hola buenos dias, buenas tardes! Como están?

I have very little time but I´m super excited to tell you all about yet another week in the gran misión! Father´s day was super sweet because our investigator Dante was able to be baptized and confirmed by his dad. ❤ He´s been waiting for like, 2 years and he was finally able to be baptized! It was a beautiful service because Dantes mom is super crafty and made a Pinterest worthy table complete with twinkle lights, framed photos, and we had an acoustic guitar musical number (they planned all the details, haha!) But there was a super sweet spirit and the family members were all super united in suppporting Dante. 

The best part is, our investigator Sinaí was doubting if she wanted to keep listening or not. She went to the baptism, and as she left she said, "See you on Sunday." With so much confidence and peace!!!! She is so ready and now she feels ready too. :) She´s such a lovely person and we´re very excited for her progress. 

Aaaaand it was super funny because a member was giving us a ride and Dante´s family went right along next to us. It was like a race and it was funny because we both stopped at the stoplight and all the crazy niños were cracking up. 

What else is new? Oh, my amazing comp is from Honduras and she opened my eyes to the wonders of green bananas! Soooo good! It´s funny because I can barely eat ripe bananas, but the green ones are good stuff. We fried them and ate them with rice. There is another hondureña in our ward and she gave them as a gift to Hna Aguilar.I have never seen anybody so happy do see bananas. (Here in Mexico it´s hard to find platano verde) I also tried another recipe with green bananas, ground beef, pico de gallo, and fry sauce on top! That´s right, utahns aren´t the only ones who know about fry sauce, they use it in Honduras too! Very tasty. 

Unfortunately, it has been raining ALL WEEK and everything is slightly damp. It is so humid! They cereal boxes are floppy, papers are all super soft, the walls are wet, it´s slightly bizarre! But prayers are truly answered because we prayed for sun so that we could at least dry our clothes and it is nice and sunny today. :)

I am learning that miracles aren´t always the big events like a baptism, or a miraculous healing. Even though those things happen on the mission and they are amazing, the miracles are the little things that are important to us, so they are important to God. I am super grateful because we had an amazing district meeting where we learned about the importance of listening and putting ourselves in the investigators "zapatos." It helped us to be able to find and teach Antonia, a sweet lady that was almost baptized but she is deathly afraid of water. (A bit of a challenge, right?) I can feel the saviors love for her and HIs desire that she can overcome this fear and be baptized. We´ll be working with her and all prayers are very appreciated. :)

Sorry that I don´t have time to respond individually! I love you all and I read your emails and I´m super grateful! I hope this week is fabulous and that all of your wildest dreams come true!

Oh also I got a new watch but I´m dying because it´s not digital and I am a lazy person that never learned. It´s now or never!!! My companion always asks me....Hermana Schwartz....what time is it? With an evil look in her eye because she knows I don´t know. I am going to master this analog watch! Yeah! Haha now you all know the secret. Be smart and learn young, kids! :)

Hasta luego!
Love,
Hna Schwartz












No comments:

Post a Comment