Monday, May 21, 2018

Transfers: Staying in Nichupte!

Heelllllooooo everyone!!

Wow, this week passed by SO FAST. The biggest news is that yesterday Arturo was baptized!!! He was such a golden investigator! We were a little worried because after he came out of the water he had a random cramp in his arm and was in a lot of pain.....it was weird. BUT he called us and said that he was so grateful and that even though his arm hurt, he could feel the spirit and he felt so good! He also confessed that he is afraid of water, but not anymore, obviously. Haha. It was funny and we are just grateful his baptism was special for him.

One of my most spiritual experiences this week was when Guadalupe had her baptismal interview. She expressed some concerns and questions that she has, and we each took turns answering her questions. First, the presidents asistants (who are in our ward) answered, with a ton of power but she still wasn´t conviced. Then, my amazing companion answered....and she still seemed unsure. And then I just testified and shared what I had learned in my study in the morning. I could feel the spirit working through me and all of my doubt disappeared. She was quiet for a few seconds, and then she said, okay. You guys are right. And she passed her interview!! Whew! 

We also found a golden treasure, our cute neighbor hermana sebastiana was showing us pictures from her kids missions, and the last photo happened to have a family that is a good friend of my companion! The world is so tiny. 

I don´t have much time, but I know that this church is true! I know that baptism is the only way to be clean and to return with God! Every week we go to church, we are renewing that covenant and we are taking the name of Christ upon us. A mindblowing talk about the sacrament is from D. Todd Christofferson, from October 2017. I recommend it highly!!! 

I love you guys and I hope that you are all doing wonderfully! 










No comments:

Post a Comment