Tuesday, February 13, 2018

I'm a Chocoholic/ 1 Year Down!

Hola hola everybody!!

This week I hit my one year mark in the mission!! Ahhhh it´s so crazy how fast the time goes. Honestly I am so happy just working here. I have a great area and a great companion. Of course there are challenges but I know that with God we can do all things! 

This week we are so excited because our investigators are getting MARRIED on valentines day! On the beach! Ah it´s gonna be so beautiful. Brace yourselves for lots of pictures next week. We are also teaching the most wonderful family ever and they are finally ready for their baptism! They live super far away so we had to combine a couple lessons, but they understood everything and they are willing to make changes! They are going to stop drinking coffee and my companion and I promised that we would also give up one of our "addictions." So that´s how it came to be that I realized I am seriously a chocoholic and I can´t live very long without chocolate. I accidently ate a granola bar with chocolate today and I had to repent. But it´s worth it! And it´s helping our investigators, haha. today they shared their conversion story, and it´s so amazing. The Hermana Lucy has wanted to get baptized for 4 years, but she got busy with work. until one day a missionary from our zone that had their number saved invited her to church. From there, we started teaching and now she can see that her family really is more united and happier. They are hands down the best and have been so prepared. So that´s exciting. 

Also today they took us to the cenote that the have in their backyard! It´s got stalagtites and cool rock formations! And she gave us the best mole that I have tried in my mission. The Familia Balam is amazing. 

We did intercambios this week with Hermana Medrano and Hermana Merrick! It´s fun to have my mom and my daughter in my zone, and I learned a lot from them. 

What else is new? Oh yeah, we organized a jeapordary and trivia game night and all of our investigators came! We split into two teams and we definitely favored the team with our investigators, so the ward members got a little annoyed because we gave them all the hard questions. But it was a big success and we´ve got another activity planned for next week! 

I know that this is the true church and that God hears and answers prayers. This week in sacrament the talks were perfect for our investigators. I´m so grateful for revelation, the spirit, a living prophet, and all of the other tools we have to guide us in this crazy world! That´s all I can think of for this week but thanks so much for your support and prayers. 1 year down, 6 months to go! 

con mucho amor,
Hermana Schwartz 

I´ll have to send pics next week! This computer is muuuuuyyyy slow. Sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment