Monday, February 19, 2018

Bodas and Baptisms equal the BEST WEEK EVER!

Guys, my missionary heart is bursting!! This week Alicia and Fernando got MARRIED!! We had their wedding on the beach of Puerto Morelos, and it was a little more complicated than we originally thought but it was soooooo beautiful! It also made me so grateful for temple weddings and even more convinced that I want to be married in the temple. Because even though the civil marriage had cute music, flowers, and a beach, it is so far from what a marriage is meant to be. Anyway, so happy for this cute family and for their upcoming baptism!!

Annnnnndd we had the amazing baptism of Lucy, Marco, and their daughter Zacil-Ha. Seriously the cutest family of all time. Their story is so amazing and I feel so blessed to have been part of their conversion experience. Hermana Lucy has wanted to be baptized for years, and on Saturday she testified so strongly about the Book of Mormon. Even little Zacil shared her simple testimony and they all said, "I feel different. I don´t know about you guys, but I feel different!" Ahhhh they are just the best people ever. They even gave us a reference! I know that in one year they will be able to be sealed and become an eternal family! And it was so cute because little Sofia is only 6 and she was mad because she didn´t get to swim. But they went to the beach after as a family , so it all worked out, haha. #perksoflivinginplaya

We cleaned out Hermano Pedros house and took out about 8 bags of garbage from a teeny tiny corner. That sweet old man has got TOO MUCH STUFF. He has candy from 2003 that we still haven´t convinced  him to throw away yet....eww. But he´s great. It´s for his own good that we went and I learned a lot about service. 

We learned how to make mole with scary Hermana Ada. I say that she´s scary because she likes to yell at us and call us "chamacas." I almost messed up the whole giant pot of mole by dropping the spoon in it, but I saved it at the last second. 

I also completed a year on my mission!!!! What?! My cute former companions, my mom and my daughter, are together and are in our zone. They made me an adorable dinner and some cute gifts for my mission "birthday." Love them. 

Honestly, I am just so happy that we have been busy, looking for people and finding people, marrying people, etc. I know with all of my heart that God hears and answers prayers. We went with our investigator Yair this week and he said he wants to know if this is the true church. I know without a doubt that it is true and that God prepares everything in our lives to teach us and guide us back to Him, if we choose to follow him. I know that the Holy Ghost is real and that if we follow it we will always be protected and happy. This gospel is great! 

Thanks for all your prayers and support. I hope that everything goes well this week! Great scripture to read is Joshua 3:5, about sanctifying ourselves. 

Love you all!
Hermana Schwartz

 





















No comments:

Post a Comment