Monday, August 28, 2017

The Three Amigas

Hola everyone!

Estamos trabajando en TRIO! I´ve got two new compañeras and they are amazing!! Hermana Flores is from Utah and has 10 months in the mission, and Hermana Lara is from Monterrey, Mexico, and has one month in the field. She´s in her training, so even though I´m not her mamá, I get to help out a bit. She and Hermana Flores are so funny together, because Hna Flores is very sweet and passive, and Hna Lara has a strong personality and is super sarcastic. I love them, haha! I´ve never worked in a trio before, but I kinda love it because we can go on splits with the members and go to more appointments. They´re such great girls and powerful missionaries, and I know we´re going to work really hard in the time we have together. 

We changed houses this week and the move went really well! A member came with a truck and we loaded up EVERYTHING and got it all over in one trip. We´re living in a gated community called Mallorca, and it´s super fancy. Our house is a bit of a fixer upper, but we´re arranging things and I´m excited for how it´s going to turn out. We had our mission leader pass by to bless the house and it was the coolest experience because we all felt such a huge difference after he blessed it. We could feel the spirit so much more. We also want to paint the walls because right now they´re super dark gray and it´s just really dark at night. We want white walls with lots of pictures of Christ and the temples!! :) 

We worked a lot with Carlos´s mom this week, her name is Carmen. She´s so sweet! (Even though she just paints on her eyebrows and they´re super skinny, haha!) We also found a wonderful investigator named Maria. I felt the impression to talk to her in the street, and she invited us to come by and visit her. We sang a hymn with her in the street, and the next day when we passed by she said she felt such a difference after the hymn. Before she felt tired, stressed, and weighed down by the world. After she felt at peace. I know that this is the Spirit!! It lifts us up and helps us carry on! We can feel this way anytime we honestly invite the Lord to be part of our lives. I´m learning how to listen to the Spirit. I´m not perfect in following the impressiones, but the results are so amazing when we trust in what we feel is right. 

We also got to help in a stake activity to teach niños how to do little things that will help them later in their missions! I taught how to sew a button, my companeras taught how to iron, and the elders taught how to tie a tie. It was so cute! Later the kids made the lunch so they could learn how to cook and we ate delicious roll sandwhiches and apple slices. :)

Today is Hermana Lara´s birthday so we made her pancakes and Hermana Flores made them so cute! They each had a letter for our names. We´re going to go to the Grand Plaza in a little bit to celebrate. I´ve never been there but I´m excited because we have permision to see a little bit more of Cancun! 

I don´t really remember anything else exciting that happened this week, but I know that this is the Lord´s work and I´m so grateful to be a part of it! Take five minutes to stop and feel the spirit. It´s something that we really can do everyday and it will make all the difference in the world. 

I love you all! Gracias for all of your support and prayers!​


No comments:

Post a Comment