Monday, June 5, 2017

Guppies, Haircuts, and Testimonies

Hola hola, Buenas Tardes!

I hope that this letter finds you very well, my dear family, friends, and acquaintances.

This week was awesome because we made a Muro de MILAGROS (Miracle Wall) and we´ve been writing down the little tender mercies. Man, I knew they existed but it´s so much more powerful to have them written down! We can just see all of the little ways that God is helping in this work. We also write down inside jokes and random thoughts and it´s just super fun. I really encourage any of you that are feeling down to write down the little blessings! I guarantee that you will find them and that you will feel better afterwards.

We taught a lesson this week and it went really well, Spanish-wise, until I shared james 1:5. I memorized it in Spanish and was super excited to use it in the lesson, but I accidentaly said "se ARROZ dada" instead of "le sera dada" and my companion cracked up afterwards. Arroz is rice and apparantly I was hungry during the lesson, haha!

One of the coolest experiences was that we got to visit Hermano Lucio in his terreno. He´s this amazing viejito that is one of the first converts to the church here in Tizimin. He´s our adopted abuelito, and his stories are soooo fun to listen too! You  can just feel the goodness in him after a lifetime of following the Savior. We went to have a service project and help him weed his property, but we just sat and talked and afterwards he gave us MANGOS! (We´re obsessed!)

More updates with Amber, last week she wanted her patriarchal blessing and this week she shared her testimony in Testimony meeting! I almost cried I was so happy! She´s scared to talk in front of people so to see her go up of her own free will and share her conversion story was amazing.

We taught a crazy family with EIGHT perros, (demasiado perros!) And 20 million guppies. They just have a ton of fishtanks in their backyard, and they gave us some little fish that we´re technically not allowed to have. Mateo, Marco, Bob, y Kevin are currently residing in our casa against mission rules. Shhhh.....

I have a promise that next week I´m going to eat cow intestines and I´m downright terrified. Please pray for me, haha!

I got a haircut today and it´s super short! It was time because the crazy humidity was making it muy dificil to manage my long hair. The sweet hermana in the ward who cut our hair only charged us 20 pesos....that´s a $1 haircut!

I know that this church is true. It´s true in Utah, it´s true in Mexico. It´s true for every person in every corner of the earth. God literally hears and answers our prayers, in his own time. I was having a rough day beating myself up and I found an article in the Liahona that literally answered every single doubt I had. Personal revelation is real, people! Our Heavenly Father knows your struggles and is just waiting for us to turn to Him.

Have a wonderful and spiritually uplifting week!
Mucho amor from Tizimin,

Hermana Schwartz
PS--my shirt says "No Boyfriend, no problems." Hehe, very fitting for the mission. ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment