Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Three Months Down!!!

Wow, hola everyone!

I just wasted like, a half hour of my email time talking to a very inteligente señor about inner peace, so that was interesting...so lo siento that I don`t have a ton of time to write!

This week was the week of ENFERMEDADES. First I got sick with a stomach infection because we ate spoiled meat at a members house...ew. I had a really high fever and we had to walk to the doctors office and I felt like a zombie. But I got a priesthood blessing from the Elders, and miraculously I am okay right now! I know that prayers of health are answered and that the missionaries serving around the world have special help and protection. 

But after I recovered from my stomach bug scare, I caught a cold. And of course I passed it on to my poor companion. So we were bored out of our minds this week because we couldn`t leave to proselyte. One fun thing is that we got to use skype for Mother`s day, and it was so amazing to talk with my family!!! 

We feel a lot better now, and are super pumped to go out and actually work hard! 

I completed three months in the mission yesterday! It´s so crazy how fast time flies! I have learned a ton in these few months, including:

1. If there is a cucaracha, kill it three times to make sure it actually dies. 
2. How to eat ginormous plates of food and still have room for seconds. 
3. How to understand when niños and viejitos talk rapido
4. Not to wave at drunk people unless you want to flirt with them
5. Go to the temple OFTEN! The people here go every month to the temple in Merida, even though it is 2 hours away and costs more than 100 pesos! They sacrifice so much to go the temple, and we have so many close by! The excuse to not go isn`t a matter of how far away the temple is, it`s a matter of what we choose to do with our time. 
6. Choco and Pirata are good dogs that I can pet. Don`t pet Bobby because he`s scary. (These are dogs that live with members or investigadores.) 
7. The gospel is true and when we live it we radiate light!!
8. Eat everything with chili, even mangos, and especially watermelon. 
9. If you`re excited for email time your computer will inevitably be slow
10. Be grateful for the many resources and blessings that we have in our lives, because there are so many that live without them. 

I`m afraid that's all for this week! Sorry that it`s a little frantic, blame my philosophic neighbor. I couldn`t escape from his deep conversation!

Know that I`m praying for all of you! Life is exciting, a time to learn, and is better when we rely siempre on the Lord! 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment