Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I'm a Proud Mom

Heyy everybody! Como les van?

Okay, I´m super bummed because I have soooo many photos I want to send but I forgot my cable! Boooo. Next week. I promise. 

But I have a DAUGHTER and she is darling! (I´m training again!) Her name is Hermana Merrick and she´s from the good old northwest, from Oregon. She completed her first week in the field with a lot of courage, with many new bugbites, sweet tanlines, and tons of walking! She´s super awesome and she already knows a ton of Español, so that´s very helpful. She has a twin sister about to start serving in Ciudad Mexico, and they´re gonna chat up a storm in spanish when they get back. :)

Our new area is beautiful! We´re in Jardines, Chetumal. I loooove Chetumal! It´s like a mix of my first two areas. The ocean is super close, but we haven´t caught glimpse of it yet. Fun fact, our area also includes the Belize border. There are flowers in almost all of the streets, and it has a giant mall for whatever random things we need. There´s a Mcdonalds, Office max, the works. It´s very calm and everyone is really friendly. Maybe a little two friendly...one random guy started catcalling us. But that´s normal here, I guess. 

We basically just worked hard this week to get to know the members and the area. We had a Family Home Evening with the Familia Pastor and they are just fantastic! They gave us cake, are going to fix our air conditioning so it actually works, and the mom is going to sew my skirts that are too big. We were walking a little bit lost and like angels they appeared to give us a ride. They´re too good. Their son speaks english really well, and so he helps us with spanish and vice versa. Hermana Bella is another member that is just too good for words. She gave us lunch and just helped us out a bunch. The bishop is incredible, también. I´m so excited to work with the members and I know that this ward has so much potential! 

We taught the whole first lesson in the street. In the end, the guy didn´t want anything with the church, but it was such great practice for Hermana Merrick! Her first taste of what it´s like to teach and answer real questions, with real spanish speakers. I´m grateful for all the random little opportunities we have to share the gospel, even when we don´t see the immediate results. 

We ate my favorite food, Pozole, not once, not twice, but THREE times this week. It´s delicious and the Lord has truly blessed me that literally everyone made us pozole. It´s a traditional dish to celebrate Mexican Independence day, so that might have had something to do with it, haha. We didn´t even realize that it was a holiday here until the next day. That´s how peaceful Chetumal is. 

We got to visit a family that lives in a Pueblo outside of Chetumal. The whole ward went and did a family night with the less actives in Santa Elena, and it was great to see so much unity. We´re gonna start working and finding lots of investigators. 

This week the Lord reaffirmed my testimony that the scriptures contain answers. I was wondering how I could improve as a trainer, as a missionary, and have more patience with my companion. I opened up the Bible to a story that perfectly answered my questions. The Lord knows us, he hears our prayers, and he can answer our questions! I´m getting excited for general conference in a couple weeks, I know prayers will be answered! 

I love you all! Thanks for all you do, you guys are amazing. I promise next week I´ll write more individually and send lots of pictures! Have a wonderful week!!!

Love,
Hermana Schwartz

(Photos added after she sent them on 9/25/2017)












No comments:

Post a Comment